2020 Vermont Quilt Festival - Virtual Quilt Challenge
Sorry, currently out of stock
We are now out of the fabric featured in our "Reflections" Wall Hanging Challenge. We look forward to your entries and the Challenge Results!! Whoot!!
2020 is the 10th Anniversary of the VQF / SewBatik Wall Hanging Challenge and we are so excited about the 2020 entries! Then..... ( intentional pause ) ... our world of travel and the needs of a healthy and safe environment due to Covid-19 put a halt on our plans. As a result of the change in travel - our combined team made the decision to postpone the 2020 "It's a Circus" Challenge theme and fabric selections until the June 2021 Vermont Quilt Show. So, keep planning your challenge entry for the June 2021 event!
Now - we can't just skip a year can we? No. It's our 10th Anniversary of the VQF / SewBatik Wall Hanging Challenge and there is only one way to celebrate - Virtually! The new theme for this special anniversary year is....
2020 Virtual Quilt Challenge Theme: "Reflections"
"Reflections" will celebrate all past challenge fabrics/theme and "Reflections" for 2020.
- Are you one of those people who almost finished their entry, didn't feel your design met the guidelines of the theme, or just got too busy? You can now enter your past challenge entry for this 2020 "Reflections" Virtual Challenge.
- For those of you who do not have a packet from a prior year challenge, there is a second way to participate in this year's challenge. We selected challenge fabric for this virtual challenge - it's our Nuance Gradation in the shade of Hyacinth Violet.
Let me summarize... you can purchase a new 2020 Challenge Packet "OR" use a Challenge Packet that you previously purchased from 2011 through 2019 that has not been previously entered in a prior year Challenge.
Challenge Themes by Year: Select a Theme - Enter the Challenge!
2011 - VQF 35th Anniversary
2012 - Weather Patterns
2013 - Summer Solstice
2014 - Winter Wonderland
2015 - Whimsy
2016 - Celebration
2017 - Illusion
2018 - Happiness Is...
2019 - Fairy Tales
2020 - Reflections
Challenge Rules: Entrants can use two fat eighths of SewBatik Challenge fabric from previous years OR the quarter yard of batik fabric enclosed in the new challenge packet.
- A recognizable amount of the challenge fabrics must be used as an integral part of the entry in the body of the quilt, not just in the border. Any amount of other fabric may be used.
- The quilt must be 20 inches square (80" around), have three layers (top, batting, backing) and be hand or machine quilted.
- Photos of entries will be submitted with online registration by September 30th 2020. [ https://www.vqf.org/festival/exhibits/ ] Entry fee will be $15.00 and payable online during registration. Online Viewer's Choice voting will be conducted October 5th through October 12th, 2020. Winners will be announced mid-October, 2020.
- Winning quilts will be on display at the 2021 Vermont Quilt Festival, June 23 - June 26, 2021. Winning quilts will need a 4" sleeve for hanging, and a label. Contact email@example.com for additional coordination for the 2021 Festival.
This is a judged event with Judges Choice, SewBatik Choice, and Viewers Choice.
- Judges Choice: $250 worth of prizes. Our judges is Kimberly Einmo.
- SewBatik Choice: $150 worth of prizes. Diane & Bruce will select the SewBatik Choice award winner.
- Viewer's Choice: $50 worth of prizes and a complementary challenge packet for the 2021 SewBatik Challenge “It’s a Circus”.
We are so excited to work with the Vermont Quilt Festival Board and all of you - who take the time to design a wall hanging to share with your quilting family and friends at VQF! We look forward to your participation this exciting year!!