Duvet Cover & Matching Pillow Sham Project Kit
Simple Duvet Cover and Matching Pillow Shams
featuring 115" wide Batik Cotton - Double Border Phoenix Design
The double border design of the Phoenix motif is perfect for the border along the outside edge of a duvet cover. I love how this ensemble turned out! The most difficult decision is which color and size to make first!
The Duvet Cover Kit is available as a Twin, Queen, and King cover. You have the option of purchasing the kit with yardage for matching pillow shams. Select the options that best fits your style and room.
The design is simple. The top of the duvet cover is pieced with the borders running along three visible sides with a mitered corner to show the border detail. We opted for an invisible button closer positioned at the top of the duvet cover. We did our best to keep the instructions simple and easy to follow. I believe the most difficult part of this project is the volume of yardage we are working with when sewing the seams and closure. There are simple methods for managing the yardage as well!
- Select the size duvet cover you wish to make.
- Select the 115" Wide Batik Cotton - Double Border shade using the first drop down button.
- Select the option for duvet only or duvet cover with matching pillow shams.
Sizes: (length x width)
- Twin: 86" x 68" ( Duvet only 3 2/3 yards; Plus Shams 4 1/3 yards )
- Additional yardage for one standard pillow sham measuring 24" x 30"
- Full/Queen: 88" x 92" ( Duvet only 4 2/3 yards; Plus Shams 6 yards )
- Additional yardage for two queen pillow shams measuring 24" x 36"
- King/Cal. King: 92" x 108" ( Duvet only 5 3/4 yards; Plus Shams 7 yards )
- Additional yardage for two king pillow shams measuring 24" x 40"
- Instruction Guide
- 115" wide Batik Cotton in your fabric choice
- 12 transparent Buttons for Duvet Cover closure Twin/Queen; 14 King
If you have questions please email us or call us before purchasing.
Our Sample: 115" Wide Batik Cotton - Double Border - Phoenix - Dusty Denim
Sewing Techniques: sewing a straight seam, buttonhole and button.
Additional Notions: coordinating cotton thread Sharp microtex machine sewing needle 80/12, marking pencil, scissors and rotary cutter, and ruler and cutting mat.
Skill Level: Beginner. Basic measuring and sewing skills include simple marking, cutting, pressing, and straight sewing. We are going to challenge you a bit by adding a basic buttonhole to the opening to the duvet cover. You can do it!Conventional Sewing Machine: Construct this entire duvet cover and pillow shams with a straight stitch and buttonhole attachment for your sewing machine. If you are familiar with your serger use your overlock stitch to finish seams (optional).