I love this top and the beautiful drape that comes from our Batik Rayon.
Pattern: Seychelles Top by Itch to Stitch. PDF only. Click to shop for this wonderful pattern Itch-To-Stitch.com
Seychelles Top Features:
- Options for cup sizes
- Bust darts for a great bust fit
- V-neck finished with facing
- Narrow shoulders with extra sleeve cap ease result in a balanced look
- Two sleeve options:
- Short sleeve with pleats on the sleeve cap
- Long sleeve with gathers on the sleeve cap and around the wrist; narrow cuff with button and loop closure
- Designed for woven fabric
Skill Level: Beginner+
Sizes: 00 – 40
Fabric: 45" Wide Batik Rayon - Violetta motif - in the shade of Lilac. My sample garment was made as follows:
- Size 8 - Short Sleeve Version
- No adjustment to sleeve
- Lengthened the garment by 3" (27")
- Graded from 8 at the bust to 12 at the hip
- This fits as a nicely loose top
- The pattern is written for 54" wide woven such as linen. I cut 1 3/4 yards of our 45" wide Batik Rayon.
What am I purchasing? This item includes yardage of 45" wide Batik Rayon plus 1/2 yard of Envy Silk Fusible Interfacing, and a bonus pack of Schmetz Microtex Needles. The pattern we used is available for purchase as a downloadable PDF from Itch To Stitch.
Fabric Required for Seychelles Top: (reference image of the pattern sizing/yardage) Also remember that our Batik Rayon is 45" wide. The pattern is written for 54" wide fabric.
- 1 3/4 Yards: Sizes 00 to 12 - Short Sleeve
- 2 1/4 Yards: Sizes 14 to 20 - Short Sleeve
- 2 3/4 Yards: Sizes 22 to 40 - Short Sleeve
- 2 1/2 Yards: Sizes 00 to 20 - Long Sleeve
- 3 Yards: Sizes 22 - 40 - Long Sleeve