Simple Gifts - Simple Coasters
Gifts that take only a few hours are just what our lives might need!
I created a YouTube Tutorial for making Coasters from 5” Squares. Watch the video and it will be easy to make these fun coasters!
I have to tell you that I love coasters and simple table runner projects. They add so much personality to a sitting area. Coasters are simple to make. They are perfect for every holiday for yourself and they are perfect for gifts.
The project kit that I reference in the video is our Four Corners Table Runner and Coaster Kit. It's available in the shades shown and in a dusty blue/twilight blue.
- Four Corner Table Runner & Coaster Kit - Sand Surf/Autumn Fire (Shop)
- Four Corner Table Runner & Coaster Kit - Dusty Denim/Twilight Blue (Shop)
For Valentine's Day I created a few gifts for our friends.
Let's Make Coasters:
- Each coaster requires (2) 5” squares
- 5" Square Pack - Backgrounds (12 each of 4 Batiks)
- Each coaster needs a 4 ½” square of fusible fleece
- Embellish as you wish. This example includes:
Use a walking foot attachment, quilt the top of the coaster using any design you would like! Remember to stitch close to the edge to make sure the opening is closed. I started stitching 1/8” away from all four edges and then continued quilting in a circular square until I reached the center of the coaster.
I used a blanket stitch around the hearts to secure them. I used a simple square stitch path for a few to add interest. You can quilt them any way you wish. Make fun!
That's it!! You know have a beautiful new set of coasters!
~ ~ ~
Keep Creating, Sewing, and Sharing ~